Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fur on the stretcher!

I finally got my first coyote!! Dad and I woke up this morning and decided to go calling. We drove down to a spot we had bird hunted and just looked great for coyotes. We got there and walked over to a steep bank overlooking a big sagebrush flat. I started off doing interrogation howls on my Kerry Carver howler and Primos Lil' Dog, then after a minute or so I started a ki-yi with the Primos. Then I started up cottontail. After we had been set up ten minutes at the most, Dad said there's a coyote! My heart lept to my throat and I saw him coming on in! I raised up my rifle in my shooting sticks, put the crosshairs on his chest and let him have it! He jumped, spun around, then took off running. I shot at him again but he was bookin' it, and I hit just behind him. We were sure though, that he was dead or dying because we didn't see him go up the hill he was headed for. We walked down, and we found him! I was THRILLED!!






Thanks for looking!

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment